Our Gen 2 Enhanced Quad Rail (EQ) Handguards provide a lightweight free float design for your custom M5 .308 build. Changes include redesigned quick disconnect sling sockets, enhanced milling design for grip and visual appeal and a new profile for the picatinny top rail. The side and bottom picatinny rails have also been reduced in length, eliminating weight and providing a more ergonomic design in the rear gripping area of the handguard. Machined to mil- spec dimensions and engineered to perfection, these handguards eliminate bulk while retaining strength and stability.
- 1pc free float design
- Built in anti-rotation tabs
- Scalloped rails
- 1.72" inside diameter (from barrel nut cut to forward end) fits most muzzle devices and 1.5" suppressors
- 1.78" inside barrel nut cut area diameter
- Compatible with low profile gas blocks
- DPMS High Profile (.210) Tang
- Gen 2 Feature - Eliminated the picatinny rail running the full length of the handguard, saving weight and providing a more ergonomic design in the rear gripping area
- Gen 2 Feature - Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o’clock positions
- Gen 2 Feature - Additional milling along flats to aid with gripping and add visual appeal
- Gen 2 Feature - New profile for the continuous picatinny top rail
Are you attaching this handguard to a standard threaded upper receiver?
Make sure to select "Yes" under the Handguard Barrel Nut option above (shims included). Our handguards use either the DPMS/Aero or Armalite interface and do not work with a standard barrel nut. If you are using our M5E1 Enhanced Upper Receiver, no additional pieces are needed. Purchased with a handguard, the M5 Barrel Nut is $20 ($40 when sold separately).
*Please note - This handguard is specific to the M5 .308/M5E1 platform. It is not compatible with the AR15/M4E1 platform.
Made In America? Yes Platform M5 Series M5E1 Attachment Type Quad Rail Material Machined from 6061-T6 aluminum Actual Handguard Lengths 9" - 9.19", 12" - 12.63", 15" - 14.94"
Aero Precision rail lengths measure from end to end. This is the point of contact at the receiver to the end of the last picatinny slot at the muzzle.
Weight(s) 9" - 8.8 oz / 12" - / 15" - Other Handguard Screw Torque - 25 in-lbs
- Solid Review by lowjax
Quality Price Value
A bit big in the hands, but strong.
Get extra screws. I'm bad on screws.
AP - you should add them to your Finish Your Build portion. (Posted on 5/27/2018)
- Finish Your Build
$199.99// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>$265.00// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>
Out of stock$29.99// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>$185.00// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>$210.00// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>
Out of stock$215.00// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>$2.99// ADD CART FUNCTION ?>